Tuesday, November 1

Finishing the outside

After some time away, I had some time off to get the outside completed and ready to paint
I had to get the sides parallel and at right angles so the roof (That I kept) would fit- there was not much room for error.
After making sure I had the right distance at the top between the two sides I made up the window frames and supports in the roof and rebated them in.

Next I attached the roof, then the front and back ply cutting it to size to slip under and up to the floor.
It started to look like a caravan!

I painted the exterior of the plywood to seal it






Next I covered the caravan in some thin Insulation- I found some that is use for under flooring.


I then attached the old sides,  new  front and back alloy sheets and window surrounds, then the old roof.
Fixing the cracks in old roof


Finally I cleaned the old trim and glued it on and sealed it with polyurethane sealant. (You cant use silicone as the paint wont stick to it)



I cut out the hole to insert the new lights (New Landrover series 3 lights)





No comments:

Post a Comment