Wednesday, August 24

Start of the rebuild- the sides

Now that I had the sides off, I see what could be used.
The fibreglass was removed from the sides and put aside. There were several holes from some of the old fixtures and it was torn completely above the door, so I made a note to order fibreglass repair kit.
Poking a screwdriver into the frame revealed that all the wood, apart from around the windows, was affected by water damage so had to be replaced.
I brought 5 sheets of treated 8mm ply for the sides, and 10mm for the floor
I butted the plywood together in the best position for later fixing and cutting. I used the old side as a template and laid it on the plywood.
I then drew around one of the sides making the pattern.
The caravan started taking shape.



Lining up the guide on streight sections for the Skill Saw, the curves were cut with a Jig Saw

No comments:

Post a Comment